Monday, May 21, 2012

Vocals and Bowls

I had a great time tracking vocals with my friend Mike Cooper last Friday.  It's amazing how much energy it takes to do that kind of thing though.  Of course, I'm sure it was much more exhausting for Mike than it was for me.  If you want to hear a sample of what we were up to go to my Soundcloud page and check out "My Love Is Alive - Coop Sample".  I'm not sure we're playing it right stylistically yet, but we're working it out and will see where it goes.  Actually, as I think about it, I can easily see this track being "completed" with several different vocalists.

Which raises a question, why not "release" all the versions of it, one with each singer?  There's really no reason not to do that in this day and age of easily accessible music.  We could just make them available individually.  The customer would be able to listen to a sample of each vocalist and then purchase the one they find the most appealing to them.  I could see it possibly being an issue with regards to promotion and marketing though.  Hmmm.  Lots to ponder about this.

I did also get a chance to mic up the bowl last week.  The file is on my sound cloud page.  Check it out.

I think the sample on the seller's site is better than mine, but they used a stereo mic and a baffle around the bowl.  I will probably have another go at recording it soon.  Maybe with two mic's instead of one.

We'll have some basses coming together later this week.  A fretless NJ5 and a vJ5 Classic.  I'll keep updating my FB page with progress shots.  They sure seem to get a lot of attention.  Thanks to everyone that comments and likes them.  Much appreciated.

I think now it's time for a bike ride.  The older I get the more important maintaining a modicum of fitness becomes.  And I think for the mind to have the energy required for creative pursuits it's actually quite essential.  Maybe I'll get my yoga practice going again as well.  I've always been very sporadic with it, even thought the benefits have always been profound when I am in the groove.  Ever the internal struggle to take care of ones self and do things that contribute to completeness rather than detract from it.  Kinda what life is about in a lot of ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment