Thursday, May 10, 2012

After

Ok.  I'm back.  After an impromptu hiatus of almost a week.

It's been an interesting week to say the least.  Last Friday we had a bit of a change happen here at the shop.  I'm only mentioning it here in the context of how big things in our daily lives can have a big impact on creative energy.  This particular situation was profoundly draining.  And I just haven't felt any creative spark really for almost a week.  It's kinda bumming me out a bit.

I started to come back to life yesterday though.  I had an idea come to me on the guitar in the morning.  It was a tiny little thing, but it felt very genuine.  So I quickly got a mic set up and recorded it.  I think I'm going to put some serious work into it soon.  I hear some singing fretless bass and some spare percussion and drums on it.  Not sure where it'll go.  That's part of the fun though.  The journey of discovery.

Check out the clip here.  Let me know what you think if you feel so motivated.

A quick note about the guitar.  It's a Taylor GS Mini.  They sell for $500 at Guitar Center.  I got this one about 4 months ago now and I have to say the thing is just amazing.  Out of the box it was set up perfectly and the tone is incredible.  It's continually mistaken for my substantially more expensive Goodall in recordings.  I keep it close at hand on a stand so I can grab it and play whenever I feel like it.  For anyone looking for a really great beginner to mid level acoustic I can't recommend it highly enough.  It's just stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment