Thursday, May 3, 2012

29 Hz Bowl Tones

Ben Howard.  Wow.  Check him out.  Kind of a cross between Fink and Ray LaMontagne.   Really great and on semi permanent repeat in my iPod.  Thanks to my friend Ed for making me aware of him.

The bowl is really getting a great reception here at the shop.  Every single person that I've shown it too and demoed it for has been affected.  Usually they go "whoa".  Then they mellow out just a little bit.  The thing really puts out a grounding and calming energy.  It's awesome.

And I figured out that lowest the note it puts off is 29 Hz.  29 Hz!  That's nuts.  It really makes one slow down and listen, and open up perceptions beyond listening.  It can really be felt in the feet and lower legs.

In the realm of the creative theme here, the bowl has inspired me to possibly explore building a resonant structure out of wood.  Something that could be played with a mallet, or otherwise brought to a state of emitting complex, low, and deep sounds.  I'm letting the concept "ferment" for now, but I will probably start experimenting with ideas very soon.  Maybe there's even a way to build a speaker of sorts made out of wood.

Hmmm...

I love this place of contemplative openness waiting for the next glimmer of idea to float to consciousness to be considered and maybe acted upon.  It's kind of a great place to live from.  And maybe it can be applied to all things in this life.  I'm curious enough to try.

I'll be sure to post any developments regarding this "wood sound engine" here.  Should be interesting.

(If you're not familiar with my bowl go back here for some explanation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment